Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 1 March 2017

Small thoughts, big meanings

Yesterday my daughter and myself were having a light talk. Influenced by the philosophy classes to which I was subject to a few days ago, I was saying "shivoham" and my daughter asked "what's that"?
I replied , it means "I'm Shiva".
She was surprised and asked "Amma , are you really Shiva?
I said " Yes, not only me , but you are also Shiva. Everybody is Shiva".
To this, she replied "No, I'm not Shiva" ...
I wanted to interrupt her but she continued " I'm Narasimham" ...
I was happy at her answer...she identifies herself with some god at this age and it was amazing for me...
I asked " Oh , you are the god with a lot of vigour and who will destroy all the evil in the world". And then she was out with a lot of explanations with actions like Narasimham killing Hiranyakashipu with his nails tearing his body and taking blood out...
" Yes, I'll remove the evils and roar - aaaarrrhhh"
My little baby was also in my hands then and I asked my daughter "Then, who is Madhav?
To this she replied "He is little Krishna " which was a very smart n sweet answer from her part I felt. The way she identifies people with different gods and in an apt way was really surprising to me...

1 comment:

  1. The credit goes to her grandma, ur mom, it seems. Children should grow with grand mother if possible. She has time to tell mythokogical stories provided she is into spiritual way of life. So, there is no surprise in her interpretation. What ever we learn in our childhood, we carry thru out life! Lucky u are.

    ReplyDelete