Powered By Blogger

Thursday 24 June 2010

15 Frozen Minutes

This happened sometime during my school times. I used to go for my dance classes then. Nearby was my friend's home, which was almost like a home to me because our fathers were friends from college and then colleauges and we became family friends...So usually, after classes I go there and spend some time.Later, my father will come to pick me up.There was a pet dog there - a pomeranian. Needless to say, I was indeed much scared of dogs that I used to tremble with fear whenever it comes near me. This fact well known, whenever I was there, they used to take care and ensure that it doesn't come anywhere near me.

One such day after my classes I made my regular visit there. I opened the gate, went inside and ringed the bell. To my astonishment, guess who was there to receive me??None other than the sacred villain in my story - the pomy. He came running somewhere from the back courtyard. I got scared and ringed the bell again and again. But nobody was there to answer. And the pomy...he was standing there guard and barking, not giving me way to get out from there. My hands became cold, eyes got filled with tears. I stood there helpless shivering with fear not knowing what to do.

Around fifteen minutes must have passed by in this fearful situation. It was then that this surprising thing happened. I could see somebody coming towards me through my blurry eyes....my mom!!I just couldn't believe my eyes cos there was no reason for which she could be here at this time; other than being my 'life-protector'. Amma, who herself was scared of doggies, forgot all her fear and came in chasing the dog to my rescue. She caressingly comforted the scared and frozen me and took me to the vehicle waiting for us outside.

Amma and her friend were out from their office to go somewhere and since it was on their way, she thought of checking and collecting me if I was there. I should say it was none other than the inviscible protector who made her pass by that house and check for me at the right time. Mom, I love you for always being there :)

No comments:

Post a Comment